• February 9, 2018 at 6:38 am #9577
    Ian Cassel
    Keymaster
    Topics: 113
    Replies: 40

Masayoshi Son is the billionaire founder of Softbank, also known as the “Japanese Bill Gates”. He grew up a poor immigrant and created a technology empire. At one point he was the richest person in the world. He is known for making the most successful investment ever in the history of mankind. He is also known for losing the most money ever, $75 billion. Do I have your attention yet?

Members can read the full story here: The Story of Masayoshi Son and the Founding of Softbank

Become a Member [HERE].

But let me tell you one highlight.

In 1999, Masayoshi Son and Softbank made a $20 million investment in Alibaba. This investment is considered today to be the most successful investment ever in the history of mankind. Softbank’s 30% ownership position is worth $130 billion, or a 6500x return.

In 2017, David Rubenstein interviewed Masayoshi Son [MEMBER TRANSCRIPT] and asked what gave him the confidence to invest in Jack Ma in 1999.

“He had no business plan and zero revenue, maybe 35, 40 employees, but his eyes were very strong. Strong eyes, strong shining eyes. I could tell from the way he talk, the way he look at me, he has a charisma, he has a leadership.”

Most people would read Son’s answer and think, “Ok, he got lucky.”

There was certainly a lot of luck involved, but what he saw in Jack Ma was a reflection of himself 20 years prior when he was in a similar position and someone saw that fire in Masayoshi Son’s eyes and took a chance on him.

If you enjoyed this article, you should become an Intelligent Fanatics member. As a member, you get our current and future Intelligent Fanatics books and case studies for free, as well as the ability to participate here on our community. Join Us

2 users thanked author for this post.
    February 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm #9592
    Sean Iddings
    Keymaster
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 26

Masayoshi Son was prepared to invest in Jack Ma because he saw himself in Jack. I think the biggest lesson from this is: If we want to partner with intelligent fanatics, we must first strive to become intelligent fanatics ourselves. Then, it’s only a matter of working with people operating on the same level as yourself.

We will be focusing on how to raise ourselves to the intelligent fanatic level in our online course – which will be available to members free – available soon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.